Know Your Rights Presentation Coming Up!
The University of Montana will offer a presentation for international students and scholars titled “Know Your Rights” from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7, in the University Center Theater. The event is organized by UM and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Montana.
The session will cover civil rights issues, the criminal justice system and police procedures for various types of offenses. Participants also will learn about the kind of legal services available on campus.
UM Legal Counsel David Aronofsky will lead a panel discussion during the event. Other panelists will include:
- Tara Elliott, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jodi Bard, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Gary Henricks, Missoula City Attorney’s Office
- Curt Trowbridge, Missoula Police Department
- Anne Hamilton, UM Legal Services for Students
nternational students and scholars are encouraged to attend the event, which also is open to the public. For more information call UM Foreign Student and Scholar Services at 406-243-2226.