Small Group Discussion 1 Questions
September 14, 2011
- If a teacher disagreed with your comment in class, and made a statement in front of your classmates that “you are wrong,” and you knew you were right about it, how would you handle it?
- If two of your friends have a disagreement, would you become involved to try to be a peace maker, or would you “take sides” if one of them were clearly wrong? Would you become involved?
- How do you handle situations where you disagree with friends?
- If you’re a foreign student, what is your opinion of the way American students behave in the classrooms? (how they sit, how they address their teachers, their classroom behavior in general)
- Do you like to argue? Are there certain topics you enjoy arguing about?
- Are you from a culture that teases people? What does teasing mean in your culture? (i.e., if you tease someone, is it to shame them; initiate them; include them; show affection….)
- If someone interrupts you while you are speaking, what is your reaction?
- Have you noticed that some other cultures seem to be louder than your own? Quieter? Ruder? Politer?